SHRIMP & CHORIZO KEBABS W/ BASIL & AVOCADO DIP (by France)
This week, I made a flavor-led dish with three of my favorite ingredients: shrimps, chorizo sausage* and avocados. The shrimps are dipped into a homemade spice mix before going into the oven and the avocado dip is mixed with basil and mint which makes is super fresh. This shrimp/chorizo/avocado-mint-basil dip combo is to die for - try it and let us know what you think of it! Bon appetit! *Note: If you want a lighter dish, make it without the chorizo! It's just as delicious.
Serves 6l Difficulty: easy l Prep time: 20minl Total time: 25min
For the shrimps
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 chorizo sausage, sliced small
12 toothpicks or small skewer sticks
For the dip
2 avocados, ready to eat
3 stalks fresh mint
2 stalks fresh basil
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat your oven at 375F (190C).
2. In a bowl, combine the spices and herbs with the sugar and salt. Dip each peeled shrimp into the mix to cover each side.
3. With the skewer stick, poke a shrimp and a slice of chorizo. Repeat for all shrimps.
4. Lay the shrimp/chorizo skewer on a parchment paper covered oven grill. Bake for 5/7 minutes.
5. During that time, mix all dip ingredients in a mixer and serve with shrimps.