CHESTNUST & APPLE BACON ROLLS (by Maman)
Maman transposed a stuffing recipe into delicious single-bite nibbles. They are to die for... Think chestnuts, bacon, sausage, apples and orange zest all mixed together into . Enjoy it lukewarm for appetizer - you'll love it. Bon appetit!
Makes 40 pieces l Difficulty: easy l Prep time: 20min l Total time: 45min
1 onion, large
2 celery sticks
1.5 oz butter (40g)
1lb sausage meat (450g)
7oz roasted, peeled chestnuts (200g)
2oz walnuts (50g)
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
1 orange zest, large
1 large egg
5oz breadcrumbs (140g)
20 slices bacon
1. Preheat your oven at 380F (190C), finely chop the onion and dice the celery.
2. Heat the butter in a large pan and gently cook the onion and celery for 10min until softened. Empty the mixture into a large bowl and leave it to cool.
3. Meanwhile, peel, core and dice the apple and roughly chop the chestnuts.
4. Finely chop the walnuts, the parsley, and finely grate the orange zest.
5. Mix the apples, chestnuts, walnuts, parsley and orange zest, the sausage meat, breadcrumbs and the cooled onion with an egg and the seasoning.
6. Divide the mixture into 40 pieces and roll each into a ball.
7. Stretch the bacon strips flat and long and cut each in half, widthways.
8. Wrap each around a stuffing ball. Put the ball seam-side down on a non-stick baking tray.
9. Cook for 20-30 minutes until the bacon is cooked and crispy.