This recipe is what we call a 'happy accident'. Maman came up with this when she found 'tired' carrots at the bottom of her fridge and looked for something to do with them. It was so good that she barely got a chance to taste it before it got all eaten by Papa and my sisters.
The carrot and coconut mix is a match made in heaven - it's slightly sweet and plenty smooth. Bon appetit!
Serves 4 l Difficulty: Easy l Prep time: 20min l Total time: 45min
5 carrots, peeled and sliced
1/4 red onion, peeled and sliced thinly
1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup coconut cream
1. In a pan, simmer onion and garlic with olive oil.
2. Add carrots, white wine, ground spices and salt and pepper. Pour warm water half way so that the bottom half of carrots cooks in water.
3. Cook for 20 minutes until a knife tip can easily go through the carrots.
4. Drain carrot mix from remaining water.
5. Blend carrot mix with coconut cream until smooth.
6. Store in the fridge until ready to serve. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve with toasts or crackers.