CHERRY TOMATO BOUQUET (by Maman)
Maman loooooves the time before everyone sits down for dinner, when we're enjoying a pre-dinner drink over what the French call: 'apero'. When it comes to cooking, she loves experimenting with small nibble or "amuses bouche" recipes to serve during that 'apero' time. She created this recipe from one she saw on Tele Matin, a popular morning TV show in France. It's easy yet unique - a new Summer favorite. Bon appetit!
Serves 12 l Difficulty: Very easy l Prep time: 20min l Total time: 20min
12 cherry tomatoes (oblong vs. round)
13 chive strands
1/3 cup fresh ricotta (75g)
1 garlic clove (crushed)
5 basil leaves
5 parsley leaves
Salt & pepper
1. Prep the tomato stuffing by mixing, with a fork, the ricotta, basil, parsley and salt and pepper.
2. Cut each tomato in 4, starting from the top and stopping before you reach the end. The tomatoes should look like open tulips.
3. Stuff each tomato with the ricotta stuffing.
4. Now make the flower stalks: With a pointy-tip knife, make a small divot in the bottom of the tomato and stick one chive strand into the end.
5. Place each tomato 'flower' onto a serving platter, in the form of a flower bouquet and group the stalks by tying them together with the last chive strand.
6. Store in the fridge and serve as nibbles before sitting down for dinner.