CASHEW, SUNDRIED TOMATO & CHORIZO SPREAD (by Maman)
Maman is in loooove, not to say 'obsessed' with nibbles... if she could, all of her meals would be made up of tons of tiny-bite nibbles instead of eating a starter and an entree. Here's another one of her nibble ideas... we think you'll love it - we all do. She mixed sundried tomatoes, chorizo and cashews together into an awesome toast spread or veggie dip. Bon appetit!
Serves 5 l Difficulty: very easy l Prep time: 15min l Total time: 25min
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes marinated in olive oil (100g)
1/4 cup cashew nuts (50g)
2/3 cup chorizo (120g)
1. Peel and chop the onion & tomato in small dices and place them in a heated pan with olive oil. Let them cook until you obtain a puree consistency. Pour some water into the pan if the puree sticks to the pan.
2. Add the tomato paste into the mix and let simmer while you stir continually.
3. Mix cashew nuts in a blender with a small bit of water until you get a cashew puree. Pour it into the pan with the tomato puree and let simmer, mixing continually.
4. Now dice the sun-dried tomatoes and chorizo into small pieces and add to the pan.
5. Let simmer for a few minutes so that some of the chorizo fat melt away.
6. Your spread/dip is now done. Transfer it into a small bowl and serve with parmesan crackers, bread toasts or veggies.