BLUEBERRY PANCAKES W/ A WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE (by Maman)
Blueberries are usually made into preserves in France but have recently become more popular as a fresh fruit to eat as is. Maman loves them along with white chocolate so she decided to marry both into one recipe. On an aesthetic level, she also loves the way each color contrasts against the other. Rise & shine and bon appetit!
Serves 8 l Difficulty: easy l Prep time: 20min l Total time: 40min
1.5 cups flour (250g)
2 tablespoons sugar (30g)
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons butter (65g)
1 pinch of salt
4 cups fresh blueberries (600g)
For the sauce
1 cup white chocolate chunks (150g)
1 cup almond or soy creamer (20cl)
1. Melt the butter in a bain marie or in the microwave.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and the sugar. Add eggs and beat it all together into a batter. Now add the melted butter and mix well.
3. In a blender, mix 3 cups of fresh blueberries to make a juice. Pour the blueberry blend into a colander so you filter out the skin and keep the juice only. Now, progressively mix in the blueberry juice to the batter mix.
4. Let the pancake batter rest for 1 hour minimum in the fridge (optional).
5. In a hot & buttered pan, pour one scoop of batter and let it cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a baking sheet or platter; cover loosely with aluminum foil, and keep warm in oven. Continue with more oil and remaining batter. (You'll have 15-16 pancakes.) Serve warm, with chocolate sauce.
7. Now make the sauce: Melt the white chocolate for 1 or 2 minutes in the microwave or in a bain marie with 1 tablespoon of water.
8. Mix the chocolate with the creamer.
9. Pour the white chocolate sauce on pancakes when you serve them and sprinkle with the last cup of fresh blueberries.