EGGS IN CLOUDS (by France)
After seeing those Eggs in Clouds all over Instagram, I took it as a sign for me to try making them myself when I heard about them again on NPR. They are a very fun alternative to your traditional breakfast eggs - think runny yummy egg yolks in fluffy, savory egg whites - and are super easy to make. Give them a try and let me know what you think! Bon appetit!
Serves 2 l Difficulty: Easy l Prep time: 15min l Total time: 20min
1/4 cup chopped chives
1/4 cup crumbled bresaola (or bacon)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven at 450F (230C). Separate eggs, putting whites in 1 large bowl and yolks in 4 separate small bowls.
2. Whip whites until stiff peaks form.
3. Fold in chives and bacon (optional cheese).
4. Spoon into 4 mounds on parchment-lined baking sheet; make a deep well in center of each. Bake for 3 minutes.
5. Then add 1 yolk to each well; season with pepper and bake until yolks are just set, 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Serve over buttered toast.