FROZEN BLUEBERRY & CASHEW TART (by France)
Everyone must try this amazing frozen blueberry tart... I re-created a recipe I found on a French Canadian blog I love called Trois Fois Par Jour. I translated the recipe is in English here, below... It's beautifully colorful and deliciously fresh & fruity. Plus it's super easy to make! It just requires planning ahead of time as you have to dip the cashews in water overnight and freeze the tart for a few hours before eating. The planning is easy and SO worth it. Bon appetit!
Serves 8 l Difficulty: easy l Prep time: 20min l Total time: 24hours
For the crust
1 cup roasted almonds
1 cup dates, pitted
2 tablespoons water
For the filling
1.5 cups of cashews
3/4 cup vanilla frozen yogurt (I used a dairy-free coconut frozen yogurt)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 lime, zest only
2 cups frozen blueberries
1 pinch of salt
10 fresh blueberries
1. Dip cashews in water for 8 hours or overnight. Drain and set to the side.
2. In a blender, mix almonds, dates and water to form the crust. Spread the crust at the bottom of a square or rectangular cake mold, pressing the mix down against the bottom of the mold.
3. In a blender, mix all filling ingredients for about 2-3 minutes until you get a homogenous texture and color.
4. Pour filling on top of the crust in the cake mold and place in the freezer for 4 hours minimum.
5. Decorate the top of the tart with fresh blueberries that you place whole or cut on top of the tart.
Note: If you have left overs, store them in the freezer but pull the tart out of the freezer 15/20minutes ahead of eating again