This recipe is simple yet sooooo delicious. Try it for yourself... bon appetit!
Serves 6 l Difficulty: easy l Prep time: 20min l Total time: 50min
1 stick butter (200g)
1 cup sugar cane (200g)
2 cup all-purpose flour (250g)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup icing sugar (100g)
1 cup milk (250ml)
1 cup poppy seeds (100g)
1. Heat your oven at 400F/200C. Melt butter with sugar. Add eggs and mix with hand blender.
2. Add flour, baking soda, salt, the zest from the two lemons and the milk. Mix well to obtain a smooth dough.
3. Add the poppy seeds and pour the dough into a silicon cake mold.
4. Bake for 30min.
5. While it's baking, prepare the glaze by juicing the lemons and mixing them with the icing sugar until they are both blended.
6. Pour the glaze over the top of the cake as soon as it comes out of the oven, spreading it over the top so that it sinks in and creates a nice coating. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes before removing from the pan. Leave to come to room temperature before serving.