AVOCADO & CHOCOLATE SOUFFLES (by France)
These are amazingly easy to make and delicious. Plus, the color contrast between the avocado and chocolate are amazing. Enjoy!
Serves 4 l Difficulty: medium l Prep time: 25min l Total time: 35min
2 large avocados, ripe
4 egg whites
8 waffles dark chocolate
4 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon caster sugar
1. Preheat oven at 350F.
2. Cut avocados down the middle, take out their pits and scoop out the meat off their shell.
3. Mix avocado meat into a smooth puree.
4. In a bowl, whisk egg whites adding 1 pinch of salt and pouring in, half way, the sugar little bit little. Whisk until you get a firm and shiny snow-like consistence. Watch this video if you need help with whisking egg whites. This is what will give your souffles the airiness we all love so try to do it properly.
5. Slowly mix the avocado puree into the whisked eggs. Mix the two gently... here is a video on how to do it.
6. Pour the mixture into small porcelain ramequins (I made mine in these) and glide in their center, 2 pieces of chocolate.
7. Bake for 10 minutes and pour caster sugar over the top of each soufflés before serving.