EASY FRENCH CREPES (by Maman)
Crepes are a French family's classic, we eat them when we're kids, when we're teens and when we grow up into adults. Everyone loves crepes, whether they're served as a dessert or as a savory entree. Here, you'll find Maman's easy dessert crepe recipe... it's much lighter than the traditional recipe because the milk is replaced with water. So, it's not only dairy-free but it's also delicious light. Bon appetit!
Yields 20 crepes l Difficulty: medium l Prep time: 45min l Total time: 4h45
2.5 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 pinch of salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup of water (this recipe is dairy-free, the water replaces the milk here)
1. Mix all ingredients with electric hand mixer. Let batter sit for minimum of 4 hours.
2. When you're ready to make the crepes, if the batter is too thick, feel free to add a bit of water. Batter should be semi-runny.
3. Add 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil in pan and 1/2 scoop of batter. Swoosh your pan so the batter spreads into a nice circle crepe and let cook for 1 minute on each side. When the crepe is done cooking, the best indication that you've got the thickness of the crepe right is if you can see light through it. If it's transparent, then you're good. Crepes are not like pancakes, they are much thinner!
4. Repeat until you finish all the batter.
5. Serve with a series of delicious toppings like: sugar and lemon (Maman's favorite), strawberry jam, Nutella or honey.