GRAPEFRUIT COBBLER (by Maman)
Cobblers are traditionally made with apples or red fruits... Here, Maman made it with grapefruit for a citrus, summery feel. It's delicious. Bon appetit!
Serves 6 l Difficulty: easy l Prep time: 20min l Total time: 50min
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
2-3 pieces candied ginger
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1.5 cup milk (any type you like best)
1 pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven at 400F.
2. Butter a presentable cake mold because this dessert can’t be taken out of its mold and is served in the dish it’s baked in.
3. Beat eggs with sugar, flour, milk and pinch of salt into a batter mix.
4. Peel grapefruits taking off the meat from its skin.
5. Place grapefruits pieces at the bottom of cake mold, cover with sliced candied ginger.
6. Cover with batter mix and sliced almonds.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Serve cold or lukewarm.