PISTACHIO & CHOCOLATE TART (by Maman)
Chocolate and pistachios come together in this easy-to-make tart recipe by Maman. It doesn't need much description... give it a try for yourself and you'll see that it's amazingly nutty and smooth. Bon appetit!
Serves 6 l Difficulty: easy l Prep time: 20min l Total time: 40min
2 cups flour
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
7 ounces 70% dark chocolate
1 cup heavy cream
2/3 cups pistachio
2 tablespoons honey
1. In a bowl, mix together flour, butter, sugar, salt and baking powder.
2. Add egg and knead dough by hand into a ball.
3. Wrap ball into cellophane and place it in the fridge for minimum of an hour.
4. Preheat oven at 350F and spread the dough onto a floured surface, into a 2/3 inch thick circle.
5. Place circle onto tart pan and, with a fork, pierce the dough across its entire surface.
6. Stick it in the oven for 15-20 minutes and take out of the oven to let it cool.
1. While dough is baking, cut chocolate into small pieces.
2. Boil heavy cream into a pan. Once boiling, add chocolate and mix well into a ganache.
3. Mix pistachios and honey.
4. When tart is cooled, cover with pistachio mix then with chocolate ganache.
5. Place finished tart into the fridge for a minimum of an hour.
6. Serve with pistachios on top.