Rhubarb is in season, but the season tends to be short so when Maman Maman saw this rhubarb galette recipe at Tasting Table she had to make it. Try it for yourself, it's sweet perfection. Bon appetit!
Serves 4 l Difficulty: medium l Prep time: 40min l Total time: 1h15
1 puff pastry sheet
1/2 cup almonds, toasted and sliced
3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 stalks rhubarb, cut into 3" pieces and then into 1/4"-thick matchsticks
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon milk
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and remove puff pastry sheet from freezer to let it thaw
2. In a food processor, pulse the almonds until finely ground.
3. In a small bowl, combine the ground almonds, mascarpone cheese, honey and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the rhubarb, sugar and flour. Set aside.
5. On a lightly floured work surface, unfold/roll out the sheet into a 14" square on top of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Spread the almond and mascarpone cheese filling over the dough in an even layer, leaving a 2" border around the edges.
7. Arrange the rhubarb in a chevron pattern over the almond and mascarpone cheese filling; cut the rhubarb as necessary to fit.
8. Fold the edges of the dough over the rhubarb and crimp; brush with egg wash.
9. Bake until the crust is golden brown, 40-45 minutes.
10. Heat honey until warm - about 10 seconds in the microwave should do; brush over rhubarb. Serve immediately or at room temperature.