I made this desert when a friend of mine, who launched a delicious new granola brand called She is French asked me to create a recipe from one of her flavors. My starting point, was my favorite flavor: the Lauren, a Matcha, Walnut and Ginger granola that I crushed into a pie crust to make this easy yet elegant cheesecake! Who's seen a dark grey dessert before? Bon appetit!
Serves 8 l Difficulty: easy l Prep time: 30min l Total time: 1h20min + 1 night
6oz She is French Matcha & Ginger Granola (or any other granola you love) (175g)
1/2 cup butter (70g)
16oz cream cheese (500g)
1.25 cup yogurt (300g)
3/4 cup sugar (120g)
3 tablespoons black sesame paste
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1. To make the crust: mix the granola and melted butter into a blender until it makes a dough.
2. Pour cheesecake crust into a 8inch (20cm) rubber cake mold. Use a spoon to spread the crust down the entirety of the bottom of the mold.
3. Store in the fridge for 30min.
4. In a mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese with the yogurt, add the sugar and then the eggs, one by one. Mix well between each egg. Now add the sesame paste and blend well until the color of the mix is evenly grey.
5. Pour mix on top of the crust and spread it across the mold evenly.
6. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of the mix and bake in a 300F/150C oven for 45 minutes. Don't let it bake any longer or the top might crack. Once the 45min have passed, turn off the oven but let the cheesecake cool inside of it for 1 hour.
7. Place in the fridge for 1 night and then serve.