TAGLIATELLE, EGGPLANT & CHESTNUT PIE (by Maman)
Maman was going to make her usual rice and eggplant gratin but, when opening the fridge, she saw left over tagliatelle from the evening before and decided to use those instead of rice! It's extremely easy to make and delicious. Bon appetit!
Serves 4 l Difficulty: very easy l Prep time: 25min l Total time: 55min
1 pound Tagliatelle pasta (300g)
2 eggplants, large
1 red onion
Salt & pepper
1 cup almond/coconut heavy cream or creme fraiche (20cl)
2/3 cup shredded parmesan (150g)
25 chestnuts, roasted & peeled (optional)
1. Cook pasta in boiling & salted water for 5 minutes. Then cut them in 3 inch pieces. Set aside.
2. Thinly slice eggplants with their skin. Cut each slice into 4 pieces. Sautee eggplants into olive oil with the red onion for about 20 minutes. Add salt, pepper and powder ginger. Set aside.
3. Break eggs into a bowl and mix them with a fork. Add all other ingredients into the bowl and mix.
4. Now butter a baking dish (or use a silicon one) and pour the mix into it.
5. Bake in 410F (210C) oven for 30 minutes.
6. Take pasta pie out of the baking dish as soon as you take it out of the oven and serve with green lettuce.
Optional: add the chestnuts on top of the pie for decor and an extra touch of decadence.