TURKEY & CHESTNUT-STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS (by France)
This is a super easy and delightful recipe... made with Fall favorites like, cabbage, chestnuts and turkey. It's a perfect lunch or dinner meal that you can prep in advance over the weekend and enjoy all week long (no, I don't like cooking on weeknights. I'm usually too famished and tired to get cooking). Serve this with rice and everyone (yourself included) will love it. Bon appetit!
Serves 4 l Difficulty: easy l Prep time: 30min l Total time: 60min
1 lbs ground turkey (450g)
1/2 cup chestnuts, roasted & peeled (150g)
1 onion, small
Salt & pepper
1 roll cooking twine
1 cup white wine (I ended up using half a bottle)
For the sauce
1/4 cup white wine (5cl)
2/3 cup vegetable stolk
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1. Cut the bottom of the cabbage and steam it whole until soft. Note: You don't want to chop the raw cabbage because you'll want the leaves intact to make your rolls so steam the cabbage as a whole and you'll easily be able to peel off the leaves once soft.
2. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl or on a plate, mix the ground turkey with the chopped onion and chopped chestnuts. Add salt and pepper to the mix.
3. Make the rolls by laying one cabbage leaf on a plate. Drop a tablespoon full (or more) of turkey mix into the center of the leaf and roll the leaf closed like a burrito. Tie a piece of cooking twine around each roll to keep it closed.
4. In a large pot, pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sautée each roll until golden on all sides. Now pour the white wine on top and cook for 30 minutes covered.
5. Serve with mustard sauce. Recipe below.
1. Sautee the shallots into the white wine until all the white wine has evaporated. Add vegetable stock until boil (add 2/3 cup water if stock is dried).
2. Take off from the stove and add the egg yolks mixing it all with the vinegar and mustard.
3. Put it back on the stove and let it thicken while mixing. Now pour over the cabbage rolls and enjoy