BLACK RICE & WILD MUSHROOM RISOTTO (by Maman)
This black Italian rice is one of Maman's favorite for its unique color and aesthetic appeal. She cooks with it not so often because it takes longer than regular rice to cook... Today, she made it into a wild mushroom risotto - so delicious! Bon appetit!
Serves 4l Difficulty: easyl Prep time: 15minl Total time: 60min
2.5 cups wild mushrooms (200g)
1 garlic clove
3 tablespoons olive oil
6 slices speck or prosciutto
1 handful fresh parsley leaves
1 cup parmesan cheese
1. Wash mushrooms & slice them thinly. Sautée them in a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and crushed garlic glove.
2. Now thinly slice the cured meat and sautée it in a pan with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. In a bowl, combine cured meat with mushrooms and chopped parsley.
4. Boil the rice in salted water for 40min (or follow package instructions. Rice might cook in less time depending on the brand you buy!)
5. Drain the rice and sautée it in a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the mushroom and cured meat sauce.
6. Divide the rice across the 4 plates and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.