LEMON HONEY CHICKEN W/ ANGEL HAIR PASTA (by France)
This lemon, honey and chicken recipe is super easy to make and delicious. I make it on the weekends (I'm too famished to really cook during the week) and heat it up on week nights. The sweet and sour contrast is a perfect complement to juicy chicken. Try it for yourselves and let us know what you think. Bon appetit!
Serves 4 l Difficulty: easy l Prep time: 5min l Total time: 20min
8oz angel hair pasta (250g)
1/2 cup honey (170g)
1/4 cup lemon juice (60ml)
1 lemon, zest
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon pepper
Salt & pepper
3 sprigs of thyme
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions (half of a 1-pound box), drain, and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, add the honey, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon zest, pepper, salt, pepper, thyme, and stir to combine; set sauce aside.
3. Dice the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large skillet, add chicken, generously sprinkle with herbs, and cook chicken over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, flipping intermittently so all sides cook evenly. Chicken should be about 90% cooked through.
4. Turn heat to medium-low, and carefully add the sauce noting that it may bubble up in the first few seconds.
5. Allow sauce to bubble at a low boil for about 5 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and reduced some, and chicken is cooked through. Stir sauce and flip chicken throughout.
6. Add pasta to skillet with the chicken and toss to combine and coat. Serve immediately.