Maman's tuna pie is very simple to make yet flavorful. It's the perfect recipe to make on a Spring evening. Maman got this from one of her sister in laws (our aunt) and has been making it for us forever. We still love it. Bon appetit!
Serves 8 l Difficulty: easy l Prep time: 20min l Total time: 50min
2 sheets of puff pastry
2 cups jarred tuna (or canned)
1/4 cup creme fraiche
20 coriander leaves
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. In a bowl, mix drained tuna, finely diced shallots, lemon zest, creme fraiche, coriander, and salt and pepper.
2. Cover oven rack with wax paper, then place the first puff pasty sheet over it. Pierce the sheet with a fork, leaving 1 to 2 inches between each fork mark.
3. Spread mixture covering the whole pastry sheet, leaving 1 inch border all around.
4. With a pastry brush (or your fingers), brush the 1-inch border with a thin layer of water.
5. Cover the pie with the second puff pastry sheet and smudge the two borders together so that the pie closes well. You can also fold the borders together, if you want.
6. With a fork, draw a pattern on the top of the pie (optional) and brush the egg on top before baking in a 450F oven for 30 minutes. Each warm or lukewarm.