MINI ZUCCHINI TARTS (by Maman)
Tarts are a staple of any French cook. The French love tarts. We make them sweet and savory. Here, Maman makes it with zucchini, pesto, pine nuts and black olives. It's simple to make and deliciously filling while remaining healthy. A perfect lunch or light dinner recipe. Bon appetit!
Serves 2 l Difficulty: medium l Prep time: 35min l Total time: 1h10
For pie crust:
1.5 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch of salt
3/4 stick chilled butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
4 tablespoons (or more) cold water
2 zuccchinis, washed, unpeeled but spiralized
1 pesto jar
1/2 cup of pine nuts
Tart crust or buy it all-made
1. Place flour, salt, and cubes of butter in the bowl of a stand mixer.
2. Place bowl of ingredients and even the paddle attachment in the refrigerator until cold. You want to keep all ingredients as cool as possible throughout the process.
3. Using paddle attachment, mix on low until you get coarse crumbs.
4. Add water and mix just until dough comes together smoothly, about one minute.
5. Remove dough from mixing bowl and form into smooth ball. Flour hands and board as needed.
6. Press ball into a disk about 4 cm thick.
7. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate for at least four hours. (optional)
8. Roll dough out on floured surface until about 3 mm thick. Mold dough into desired shape in baking dish. Fold edges under the sides of the dish and trim excess. Refrigerate, uncovered, for at least one hour. Overnight is best. If you do this, cover in plastic wrap after one hour, once the dough has hardened.
1. Spread the pesto onto pie crust & add the spiralized zucchinis.
2. Sprinkle salt, pepper and pine nuts
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 446F.
3. Serve with green salad.