SWEET POTATO PARMENTIER (by Maman)
"Hachi Parmentier" is a traditionally-French potato and meat layered dish, similar to the shepherd's pie. It's called after the botanist who first introduced potatoes to France, more specifically to the king's royal palace. This is a sweet potato spin - it's delicious and the perfect dinner meal. Bon appetit!
Serves 4 l Difficulty: easy l Prep time: 30min l Total time: 40min
4 sweet potatoes
2 boudin sausages (or any sausage)
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup creme fraiche (or sour creme)
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Peel and cut sweet potatoes in chunks, then boil them in salted boiling water until tender
2. In sauce pan, cook peeled and diced apples in butter for 15 minutes. Mix often.
3. Blend sweet potatoes, adding boiled water if too thick. Add creme fraiche and mix again.
4. In a sauce pan, cook sausage in a little bit of butter. Once cooked, peel of the casing and crumble each piece. Set aside.
5. Assembly: in individual gratin dishes or one bigger one, layer the following: 1) apples at the bottom of the dish, 2) boudin sausage, 3) sweet potato puree.
6. Bake in 400F oven for 10 minutes and serve with green salad.