PEACH, LAMB & TOMATO TIAN (by Maman & France)
This recipe is a special recipe... not only because it's delicious but also because it was made in collaboration with a group of wonderful food bloggers like What Annie's Eating, Square Meal Round Table and Feed the Swimmers. Inspired by the season, we decided to make a recipe from one common ingredient: peaches... because in the Summer time, everyone craves peaches #summerlovespeaches. Allo Maman's contribution to this collaboration is a Peach, lamb and tomato "tian". Originating from Provence (South of France), a tian is a gratin in the Provençal style - baking layered ingredients into a Summery dish. Bon appetit!
Serves 8 l Difficulty: easy l Prep time: 15min l Total time: 1hr
5 peaches (big and firm, not too ripe)
5 yellow tomatoes
1 pound lamb (500g)
8 thyme strands
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon honey (liquid)
Salt & pepper
1. Cut tomatoes and peaches into 1/4" slices. Heat oven at 340F (170C).
2. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper and slice lamb in thin pieces.
3. Mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil with honey.
4. Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil at the bottom of a round baking dish.
5. Now place, standing against each other, one tomato slice, one peach slice and one slice of lamb. Repeat in a circular pattern, working your way towards the center, until dish is filled.
6. Fill any holes with meat pieces.
7. Pour olive oil and honey mix over the ingredients and place thyme on top.
8. Bake for 40min and enjoy warm with some white basmati rice.