SOY & HONEY FILET MIGNON (by Maman)
Maman tried this combination of ingredients when cooking salmon filets for a dinner she was hosting for her friends, when we lived in Hong-Kong. She served the soy & honey-caramelized salmon with couscous and every one loved it! A few years later, when back in Paris, she tried this same combo of ingredients when cooking a porc filet mignon and it worked just as deliciously! Give it a try and let us know what you think. Bon appetit!
Serves 4 l Difficulty: easy l Prep time: 10min l Total time: 1h30
1 porc filet mignon
1/2 cup soy sauce (10cl)
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cilantro
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pepper (no salt since the soy sauce is salty enough)
1. Pre-heat your oven at 410F (210C).
2. Cut the filet mignon in half into two shorter pieces. In a baking dish, rub each filet mignon piece with the olive oil.
3. Add all ingredients to the baking dish and marinate for an hour at room temperature.
4. Bake it in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Once cooked, cut it in thick slices and pour the sauce at the bottom of the dish in a saucer or small bowl.
5. Serve this dish with zucchini tagliatelle. Using a vegetable peeler, slice zucchinis in thin 'tagliatelle' strips and cook the zucchini in a pan with olive oil for 15 minutes, stirring often.