TUNA & CREME FRAICHE STUFFED PIE (by France)
This recipe is one Maman makes all the time that I like to make for my friends. It's simple to make yet delicious! Stuff two puff pastry sheets with tuna, creme fraiche, lemon juice and loads of fresh herbs and you're golden. It's fresh yet filling and everyone loves it. Bon appetit!
Serves 8 l Difficulty: very easy l Pre time: 20min l Total time: 50min
2 puff pastry sheets
2 large tuna cans, natural
2 lemons, juiced
2 shallots, diced small
3 tablespoons creme fraiche (or sour cream)
Salt & pepper
4 strands fresh cilantro
1. Heat the oven at 450F (225C).
2. Spread the first sheet of puff pastry down a wax-paper covered oven baking sheet. With a fork, gently poke the dough across the surface.
3. In a large mixing bowl, crush the tuna and add shallots, lemon juice, the creme fraiche and the egg. Add salt and pepper and cilantro and mix well.
4. Spread the tuna mix over the dough leaving a 1-inch border uncovered.
5. With a fork poke the second puff pastry sheet across its surface.
6. Place it on top of the first puff pastry, poked side on the tuna.
7. Go around the pie, pressing the two puff pastry sheets together using water to close them together. Now, roll the borders up to tighten the closure. This will make sure no creme fraiche seeps through during baking.
8. Place in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve warm or lukewarm with a green salad.