A lot of us have had chilled pea soup with fresh mint... but here we add snow peas to lighten the consistency of the soup and bring a delicate flavor to the finished dish with an almond-based garnish. Bon appetit!
Serves 4 l Difficulty: easy l Prep time: 35min l Total time: 35min
1 cup of snow peas
1/2 cup of peas
1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
Pinch of salt and pepper
1/2 cup of chicken stock
1/4 cup of fresh cream
1/2 cup of skimmed milk
1/2 teaspoon of caster sugar
1/2 cups of snow peas
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/4 cups of ground almonds
4 mint leaves
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1. Cook the veggies separately in boiling water already salted, until tender.
2. Blend together the two peas adding the milk and the cream while blending.
3. Sieve the mixture.
4. Add the chicken stock, the vinegar, salt and pepper and sugar.
1. Finely slice the raw snow peas.
2. Chop up the mint and mix.
3. Mix with ground almonds, the salt, pepper, oil and lemon.
4. Add crushed basil with a little oil.
5. Divide the mix across the four plates and pour the chilled soup over it.