ROASTED BEET HUMMUS (by France)
It might be because I went to art school, but I love to cook dishes with vibrant colors & striking contrasts. Here, I made a deliciously hot pink roasted beet hummus served in a bright green avocado. I surprisingly do not enjoy beets on their own but mixed with chickpeas and tahini and served on an avocado, this was not only beautiful but it was delicious. Bon appetit!
Serves 8 l Difficulty: easy l Prep time: 25min l Total time: 25min
1 small roasted beet
1 3/4 cup of cooked chickpeas, mostly drained
Zest of one large lemon
Juice of half a large lemon
Healthy pinch salt and black pepper
2 large cloves garlic, minced
2 heaping tablespoon tahini
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 ripe avocados
Crumbled feta cheese
1. I used beats that were already cooked but you can easily find roasting instructions online.
2. Quarter roasted beat and place it in your food processor. Blend until only small bits remain.
3. Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until smooth.
4. Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing.
5. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.
6. Will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
7. To serve, cut your avocados in half and stuff each half with roasted beet hummus on which you can sprinkle feta cheese, honey and place a ripe fig on top.