CHARRED BREAD TOASTS W/ RICOTTA & CHERRY SALSA (by France)
Try this as a starter or entree on any hot Summer night. The creamy ricotta spread, crunchy Sourdough bread and fruit-forward cherry salsa are a delicious combination that everyone will love. I served this over the weekend while hosting my friends for dinner on my rooftop, it was a success. Bon appetit!
Serves 8 l Difficulty level: very easy l Prep time: 20min l Total time: 40minutes
3 spring onions
5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 1/4 cups fresh cherries, pitted
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 loaf of sourdough bread
12 oz whole-milk ricotta cheese
1. Slice spring onions thinly on a steep diagonal and toss them in a small bowl with the lemon juice. Let it sit for 10min.
2. Pit the cherries and cut into 1/3-inch-thick slivers.
3. In a sauce pan, add the onions, cherries, and 1/2 cup of olive oil. Cook for 3 minutes tossing gently to incorporate. Add salt and pepper.
4. Prepare a grill or the oven for medium-low heat. Brush thickly-cut sides of bread with oil. Grill until bread is toasted and golden brown, about 3 minutes.
5. Let toasts cool for a minute, then spread generous amounts of ricotta over each piece. Arrange on a platter and, using a slotted spoon, top with cherry salsa, spring onions and sprinkle lightly with sea salt.