COFFEE & PASSION FRUIT DRESSING OVER SALMON SALAD (by Maman)
Maman doesn't like to drink coffee either (she's a tea person) but she loves it as an ingredient. She's uses it for baking mostly but has recently tried to use it in savory dishes like this salad dressing recipe. Combined with balsamic vinegar and passion fruit, coffee creates a delicious salad dressing that marries very well with salmon. Plus, it's super easy to make! Bon appetit!
Serves 4 l Difficulty: very easy l Prep time: 20min l Total time: 23min
1lb salmon filet (500g)
6 strands cilantro
6 cups mesclun salad (200g)
For the dressing
3 passion fruits
2 teaspoon espresso coffee
1 tablespoon wild flower honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon walnut oil
Salt & pepper
1. Finely chop the cilantro and sautée the salmon filets in a pan, until cooked. Sprinkle each filet with fresh cilantro and set aside when cooked (and take skin off of flesh).
2. Prepare the dressing... Pour the honey at the bottom of a salad bowl, then add the lemon juice, vinegar and the coffee. Mix thoroughly.
3. Add salt and pepper. Then pour in the two oils and mix.
4. Cut each passion fruit in half and, with a teaspoon, scoop out their flesh and add it to the dressing. Mix delicately.
5. Divide the mesclun salad between the 4 plates. Add the salmon and drizzle with the coffee/passion fruit dressing.